Israelis and tourists may need to rent a vehicle in Israel from a quality, reliable and efficient company. The Tamir Group rental company provides a variety of advanced solutions, including rental of a vehicle for 7 or 8 persons. There’s a significant difference between the categories of vehicles for 7 places or 8 places beyond the additional seat. These differences define the different prices, levels of comfort, leg room, and trunk space for suitcases and equipment.
Renting a 7 seat or 8 seat vehicle: what level of driver’s license is needed?
- What level of driver’s license is needed?
- Is any special type of driver’s license necessary?
- What are the limitations regarding a ‘new driver’?
- Are there limitations relating to number of years as a driver?
- Quality and nature of client’s driving capabilities
- Limitations of the law regarding driver age
- Matching a vehicle optimally as far as size and number of passengers or family members
- Fuel consumption savings
- Spaciousness and comfort
- Size of trunk
- Preferred accessories
- Minimum age for renting a car is 24 years old
- A young driver is allowed to drive the rental car if she or he is at least 21 years old and purchases appropriate damage coverage
- Only a driver with a valid license and at least 2 years of experience can drive a rented vehicle, as long as that driver was present when the vehicle was collected and her or his name is listed on the agreement
The differences between 8 seat and 7 seat family vehicles
- It is important to note that the different letters delineating vehicle categories may alter from one company to another. Make sure you check this when planning to book a rental car for a month, day, week or longer period.
A regular family car comfortably carries 4 or 5 people including the driver. If you're planning a camping outing to the Sea of Galilee, or some other location, and need a large trunk to comfortably carry your equipment as well as comfortable seating space, consider renting a vehicle with 7 seats or 8 seats. To legally travel with more than 5 individuals in the car, choose from a wide range of models which are more appropriate to your needs.
- Leg room and seat size
- Fuel consumption costs
- Size of trunk
- Towed trailer option
- Relevant driver’s license
- Cost for one day car rental or other period
- Level of accessorization
- Service option of having the vehicle brought to you and picked up from you
- Additional accessories such as booster or infant seats, GPS, etc.
- Level of maintenance and safety